Just last night, we pointed to a story about how robotic dogs may be just as comforting as live dogs. Whether or not you agree, the robotic dogs of the future are unlikely to be coming from Sony. Someone in the comments pointed out that Sony has discontinued the Aibo completely... along with 10,000 jobs (not all, we assume, related to the Aibo), as Sony tries to restructure and figure out how to get itself sorted out again (as we've noted, their strategy so far has amounted to looking at ways to fire more people -- a strategy that still has many confused about what Sony is doing). Perhaps instead of killing products that people like, they should focus on things like avoiding opening up security holes on computers with rootkits. Just a thought...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Bic Loses Its Mind Over Parody Customer Service Letter
- Blogger Offers To Pimp Restaurants If They Feed Her And Her Family Food And Drinks
- TPP Negotiators Completely Ignored Public Interest Groups At Last Negotiations
- CBS Airs NSA Propaganda Informercial Masquerading As 'Hard Hitting' 60 Minutes Journalism By Reporter With Massive Conflict Of Interest
- Intelligence Task Force To Recommend Cosmetic Changes... While The White House Pre-Rejects The Biggest One