theodp writes "Taking a page from other retailers, Apple has reportedly confirmed that it is investigating the possibility of setting up an online iTunes store in the Channel Islands so its UK customers can avoid having to pay VAT thanks to the use of a loophole that's been termed a cynical tax dodge." Of course, if you're a business, it's hard to see why you wouldn't want to do such a thing. While it's fun to try to blame businesses for taking a "tax dodge," it's hard to blame them when all of your competitors are doing the same thing.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Ex-FBI Agent, Trauma Surgeon Testify That Kelly Thomas' Death Was A Result Of Officers' Excessive Force
- Scumbag Revenge Porn Site Operator Arrested... But Many Of The Charges Are Very Problematic
- Legal Challenges To Spying Mount In UK
- Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood Thinks Google Is To Blame For Infringement On The Web
- Feds To FISC: Of Course We Don't Have To Share Our Full Legal Filings With Companies Suing Us Over NSA Transparency