Talk about taking the law into your own hands. Over in Malaysia, apparently the government is encouraging drivers to snap photos of bad drivers and then upload them to a website where traffic officials decide whether or not to assess a fine. The Raw Feed accurately notes that, apparently, traffic officials are much less concerned about drivers snapping photos while they should be paying attention to the road. Apparently the website is a big hit in Malaysia. It's funny, people seem to get quite upset by automated roadside/traffic cameras -- but when it comes to other motorists turning people in, it's less of a concern.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FBI Bungles Malware Attempt As Courts Begin To Question Its Legality
- Crowdfunded Prize For Open Source Jailbreaking iOS7 To Improve Accessibility
- Advisory Panel Offers Suggestions To Strengthen US Cybersecurity, But Is The Government Capable Of Change?
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim