Well look at that. Whenever we talk about jobs, we get people complaining that all of the jobs are leaving the US thanks to off-shoring and technology, and the insist that no new jobs are being created. Yet, as always, the changing times seem to create new jobs for those willing to learn the right skills. So, currently, because of all the new technology out there, there's something of a shortage of skilled workers who can fix high-tech equipment used in manufacturing. Is it a pain for people who are skilled in other jobs that don't exist? Absolutely. We're not trying to minimize that aspect at all. But, there are new jobs being created, and it's clear that there are areas where people with certain skills are needed.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stopping 23andMe Will Only Delay The Revolution Medicine Needs
- Abusing The Surveillance Scandal To Punish Internet Freedom Even More
- Bruce Schneier On The Feudal Internet And How To Fight It
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- James Clapper Thinks That NSA Employees Will Sell Out Our Nation After A Few Days Without A Paycheck