Steve Mueller writes "I've recently been hearing an ad on the radio in Silicon Valley for Bank of America's "Keep the Change" plan. Basically, when you use your debit card, they round the purchase up to the next dollar and deposit the "change" in your savings account. It sounds interesting, but what really got me was the "patent pending" notice at the end of the commercial. This seems like yet another stupid business method patent. The website doesn't mention the patent pending status. " This program got a lot of attention last month when it was announced. Anyone know of the patent in question?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Canadian Government Rolls Out National Cyberbullying Legislation And, No Surprise, It's Problematic
- Lawyer For Cop Charged In Beating Death Of Homeless Man Claims Officer Didn't Use ENOUGH Force
- South Korean Politicians Want Video Games Placed Alongside Drugs And Alcohol In Legislation For Addiction
- German Court Tells Wikimedia Foundation That It's Liable For Things Users Write
- Surprise: MPAA Told It Can't Use Terms 'Piracy,' 'Theft' Or 'Stealing' During Hotfile Trial