Steve Mueller writes "I've recently been hearing an ad on the radio in Silicon Valley for Bank of America's "Keep the Change" plan. Basically, when you use your debit card, they round the purchase up to the next dollar and deposit the "change" in your savings account. It sounds interesting, but what really got me was the "patent pending" notice at the end of the commercial. This seems like yet another stupid business method patent. The website doesn't mention the patent pending status. " This program got a lot of attention last month when it was announced. Anyone know of the patent in question?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community
- More Schools Reconsidering Zero Tolerance Policies And On-Campus Law Enforcement
- Case Over No-Fly List Takes Bizarre Turn As Gov't Puts Witness On No Fly List, Then Denies Having Done So
- Dallas Police Rule Change Gives Officers 72 Hours To Get Their Stories Straight After Shooting Citizens
- Canadian Government Rolls Out National Cyberbullying Legislation And, No Surprise, It's Problematic