RFID continues to come under increased scrutiny as it gets used more frequently, not just in commercial applications but also in things like passports. Privacy concerns are nothing new, but there's another reason to shun RFID, according to a couple of authors: it could evolve into the "mark of the beast" referred to in the book of Revelation. There's some wiggle room, though. The Bible specifies the mark will appear on people's right hands or foreheads, and an RFID vendor says both of those spots are impractical for human implants. Then there's also that part about how the mark is 666, and the authors are "not sure how the 666 part fits in."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Safe Until Proven Harmful
- Former NSA Officer: Wikileaks Is A Front For Russian Intelligence And Snowden's (Probably) A Spy
- Did Ed Snowden Actually Write His Latest 'Statement'?
- Lawyer Suggests That Prenda Law May Have Only 'Released' Movies It Sued Over As A Honeypot For Lawsuits
- DailyDirt: Lobsters -- Sea Food Different