While Oracle has been making some moves to hurt mySQL, the open source database they still insist they don't compete with, it looks like they're being even more proactive in fighting off this non-competition. They're expected to offer a free, but limited, version of their database, as an alternative to various open source databases.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Retailer Goes Legal After Shipping PS Vitas To Customers Who Just Bought A Game
- Public Service Commission Orders Verizon To Cough Up Cost Data On Its New York Copper Lines
- Meet The Dedicated Fan Who Makes Your Broken PC Games Work
- FBI Bungles Malware Attempt As Courts Begin To Question Its Legality
- Crowdfunded Prize For Open Source Jailbreaking iOS7 To Improve Accessibility