MP3 player manufacturer Creative says there's an industry-wide shortage of flash memory that will make it hard to deliver 1GB flash players. It's a shortage that's affecting everybody but Apple -- and Creative blames it on Apple's "special deal" with Samsung to buy up a large amount of its quarterly flash-memory production. It also sounds like Creative's CEO is blaming Apple for putting price pressure on the industry that a lot of companies can't handle. His response? Raise prices. Sounds like that should work, because if people favor a rival's product, raising the price of your own will certainly make it more attractive. Maybe the real problem is that a Creative MP3 player never made anybody king of the Internet.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Police Who Seized Woman's Phone As 'Evidence' Of Bogus Crime Now Complaining About Criticism
- NY Police Chief Kelly Taking $1.5 Million Worth Of Publicly-Funded Bodyguards With Him When He Retires
- Newest Leak Shows NSA, GCHQ Infiltrated World Of Warcraft, Second Life
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick