There have been plenty of stories about email providers blocking email from certain sources -- but what about email providers blocking email sent to particular services? Apparently, that's what Comcast did for a few days last week, blocking users from sending emails to Hotmail accounts. The article suggests that this was Comcast's fault, not Microsoft's, but doesn't explain why or how Comcast would do such a thing. Just a reminder about how unreliable email still is these days.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA
- FBI Uses Invitation To Investigate One Email As An Excuse To Dig Through Multiple Email Accounts
- Lavabit To Release Code As Open Source, As It Creates Dark Mail Alliance To Create Even More Secure Email
- How Is Consumer Watchdog 'Helping' When It's Trying To Destroy Services Consumers Find Useful
- Mayor Bloomberg Uses Private Email To Avoid FOI Requests; Has No Plans To Retain Archive Of Office, NYPD Emails