With all the talk about age discrimination in the tech field (and there's no doubt that it is an issue), and other complaints about offshoring or outsourcing of jobs, an opinion piece out of the UK suggests that those feeling the brunt of such things, might want to play up their experience difference and start offering "greysourcing" services. The idea is to get a bunch of experienced techies together, and then be able to pitch services to companies by showing thousands of combined years of service focusing on whatever technology they need. While, certainly, some projects will still need recent college grads or newer technologies -- there are still plenty of older technologies that are important in various projects. Being able to offer a wealth of experience in those technologies should be a selling point rather than a worry. However, the trick is in teaming up to offer the combined experiences, rather than just applying for individual jobs.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Thomas Friedman Believes Snowden Should Get A 'Second Chance,' By Which He Means 'Come Back To The US And Stand Trial'
- Lebanese Internal Security Force Requests Facebook Passwords, Text Messages Of All Citizens In The Country
- DailyDirt: Bullet The Blue
- DailyDirt: Making Memories
- DailyDirt: How Do You Solve A Problem Like... Academia?