Pirate software sites used to go on about zero-day warez -- pirated versions of material available on the day of its legitimate release. Ahead of the launch of the Xbox 360, Microsoft's giving the pirates something of a head start on some zero-day cracks by selling games a week before the console goes on sale. Perhaps the thinking is to try to generate some buzz for the console launch by getting people talking about the games, but what will that buzz be? "Boy, this one has a neat box"?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Agent: Give Me That Toy Monkey Gun Or I'm Calling The Real Cops
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?