Netflix says it's shelved indefinitely its plans for movie downloads because it was having trouble getting licensing agreements from movie studios -- which is exactly the problem we pointed out more than a year ago. Any new service that relies on convincing the entertainment industry that some new technology will help them make money rather than letting people "steal" their content faces an uphill battle. Wonder what's going on with the Netflix-TiVo movies-on-demand service?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- iPhone Developer Creates App Criticizing The iPhone; App Is Quickly Pulled
- Leaked HBGary Documents Show Plan To Spread Wikileaks Propaganda For BofA... And 'Attack' Glenn Greenwald
- Publishers Remove 2500 Journals From Free Access In Bangladesh; Put Them Back When People Notice
- Just Weeks After Cutting Off Wikileaks, Amazon Brags About How US Federal Gov't Is One Of Its Biggest AWS Customers?
- Oh Look, Police Can Investigate A Satirical Online Comment About Mythical Violence And Not Overreact