Back in August, DoCoMo's leadership made some noise about the possibility of future overseas investments -- even though it had tried that strategy once before and failed pretty miserably. Despite the recent success of i-mode outside Japan only after the company shifted its focus from an investment-driven model, it now says it wants to invest in a Chinese operator to give i-mode a foothold there. So even though pretty much every investment DoCoMo made in a foreign operator ended in a huge loss, apparently it's sticking to what it knows.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Faster Than A Speeding Bullet...
- Some Dell Shareholders Don't Know Much About This Leveraged Buyout, But They Know They Don't Like It
- George Lucas Finally Relinquishes His Tight Control Of Star Wars... To Mickey Mouse
- DailyDirt: Coins Worth More Than Gold
- Surprise! AT&T Admits Defeat, Withdraws T-Mobile Takeover Attempt, Pays $4 Billion Breakup Fee