Deutsche Telekom, who just last week said, for about the fiftieth time, that they're not going to sell T-Mobile USA is now repeating the fact that they're going to invest in a 3G network. That's sort of like if the the NY Times or the Wall Street Journal was just announcing that they're planning to launch a website. All of their competitors have either launched or will soon launch 3G networks, and T-Mobile is still trying to figure out how they're going to get the necessary spectrum. In other words, it's not news that T-Mobile is going to invest in 3G -- it's news that they still don't seem to realize just how far behind they are.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?