Really not quite sure what to make of this story, which seems to have all the elements normally associated with an urban legend. GMSV points us to a Reuters piece describing a man in Australia who made the fashion faux pas of the century. He didn't just clash... he clashed electrically speaking. According to the story, the combination of his wool shirt and synthetic nylon jacket worked up enough static electricity to scorch the world behind him, even setting his office carpet on fire. The guy didn't realize it was his fault until after the firemen evacuated the building in search of the cause of the carpet fire, he noticed that stuff in his car was scorched as well. The firefighters claim that the combination of the shirt and jacket were tested, showing a current of 40,000 volts, "one step shy of spontaneous combustion." Now, if only he could learn to use those powers for good, instead of evil...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NY Police Chief Kelly Taking $1.5 Million Worth Of Publicly-Funded Bodyguards With Him When He Retires
- Newest Leak Shows NSA, GCHQ Infiltrated World Of Warcraft, Second Life
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants