The BBC is reporting that, after plenty of delays and grey market PSPs sneaking in, Sony is happily claiming that it's set a record for first week sales of a gaming console in the UK with the PSP launch there. It didn't take long for Nate Elliot to rip apart that claim by noting that thanks to all of the delays Sony had in releasing the UK PSP, they get to count nearly a year's worth of "pre-orders" in that "initial week" total. In other words, for the next company that wants to break this record, just keep pushing back your launch date and hyping up the device until you get enough pre-orders and then actually release it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?
- Sandy Hook Video Game Prompts Everyone To Get Everything Wrong