Questions about the real demand for mobile porn abound in the West, but it keeps popping up in Asia, where some countries are taking big steps to stop it. Maybe selling the porn as an end in itself is the wrong business model, as some vendors in China are using porn video clips to entice people to buy their phones. They use the clips to demonstrate the video capabilities of the handsets, and load the phones full of them should a customer buy. If iTunes songs can be a loss leader for iPods, maybe porn can do the same for mobile phones.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- iPhone Developer Creates App Criticizing The iPhone; App Is Quickly Pulled
- Leaked HBGary Documents Show Plan To Spread Wikileaks Propaganda For BofA... And 'Attack' Glenn Greenwald
- Publishers Remove 2500 Journals From Free Access In Bangladesh; Put Them Back When People Notice
- Just Weeks After Cutting Off Wikileaks, Amazon Brags About How US Federal Gov't Is One Of Its Biggest AWS Customers?
- Oh Look, Police Can Investigate A Satirical Online Comment About Mythical Violence And Not Overreact