In a twist on the story about people on the Great Wall of China being struck by lightning that was attracted to their mobile phones, a Nigerian man has supposedly been killed when he answered his phone while it was plugged into the wall to charge. The guy answered his phone, then "after a few seconds electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained and the young man was thrown to the ground with a heavy thud", resulting in a weak heartbeat and burnt fingers, and he was dead on arrival at a hospital. The source for the story in the Nigerian paper is a flimsy "message" forwared from a friend, but nonetheless consider yourself warned that while mobile phones are useful, they "can also be an instrument of death."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Safe Until Proven Harmful
- Former NSA Officer: Wikileaks Is A Front For Russian Intelligence And Snowden's (Probably) A Spy
- Did Ed Snowden Actually Write His Latest 'Statement'?
- Lawyer Suggests That Prenda Law May Have Only 'Released' Movies It Sued Over As A Honeypot For Lawsuits
- DailyDirt: Lobsters -- Sea Food Different