Usually when you look at cracked versions of Microsoft Windows, they're designed to get people around paying for the operating system. However, with all of the trouble Microsoft has been having lately (ok, maybe not just lately) with security problems, it seems that some crackers have taken to trying to make cracked Windows versions better by tweaking them with some security and speed improvements. Of course, since they're cracked versions, you may have just as good a chance of getting an improved version as one that comes with all sorts of spyware. Microsoft, of course, is not at all enthusiastic about the practice. However, if Microsoft were smart, they might think about monitoring the changes that people are applying to see what it is customers really look for in Windows. It may not be the most accurate of market research, but it certainly could indicate areas where customers think Windows is deficient.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional