We're so new to this mobile phone thing here in America that we have to be taught how to text message by "scantily clad models" on "X-rated televison", according to a UK newspaper. Without giving away what channel or program features the ads, it says they're for sex-message services looking to drum up business. Apparently the idea of these ladies giving texting lessons isn't sufficiently titillating to support a whole story, so it becomes a hook to relay hackneyed tales of how we're so far behind (a view that's probably no longer accurate). But, if being ahead means you get universities teaching people how to text instead of these nice ladies, I'll stick with being behind.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?