Each day, it seems, podcasting hype reaches a new level. Podcasting is a great form of expression for those who want to use it -- and it's wonderful that it's now easier for people to express themselves audibly for the world to hear (and it's easier for the world to hear them). However, the level of hype surrounding it has gone beyond any standard of reality. We're still trying to figure out how a podcasting startup could possibly need as much money as is being thrown around these days, but that's nothing compared to this article that claims "Podcasting may become as big as Internet." Podcasting is something that can be done on the internet or thanks to the internet. It's hard to see how it becomes "as big as" the internet when it's a subset (and, a fairly small one, at that). Podcasting may turn out to be the next great medium for self-expression, or it may turn into nothing more than a niche area -- but, the level of hype surrounding podcasting is reaching scary heights.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Agent: Give Me That Toy Monkey Gun Or I'm Calling The Real Cops
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?