The recent Grand Theft Auto furor was but the latest manifestation of activists pointing fingers at video games for corrupting youth and turning them into violent sex-crazed maniacs. Those activists will probably feel vindicated by the news coming out of South Korea that video games "killed" a man there: apparently the guy had been playing online games in a net cafe pretty much non-stop for 50 hours, with breaks only to go to the bathroom and take brief naps, then suffered heart failure caused by exhaustion. $10 says if it happened in the US, somebody would be suing the video game makers for creating games so addictive that somebody would want to play non-stop for 50 hours, rather than questioning the intelligence or sanity of somebody that would want to sit and play games long enough to kill themselves.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants
- DailyDirt: Solar System Factoids
- Lindsay Lohan Is Reportedly Asking Her Lawyers About Going After GTA5 For Non-Portrayal