In the past, most crackdowns against various Nigerian advanced-fee 419 scams have been finding one or two people involved, rather than shutting down the entire infrastructure needed to support the scams. Perhaps that's changing. Officials in Spain have rounded up over 300 individuals associated with a massive 419 scam. Apparently, the group had been able to defraud 20,000 suckers -- which is still quite amazing. In this day and age, how is it that anyone cannot be aware of the 419 scam? It's amazing how greed can blind people to the fact that they're being scammed.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Scammy Company Trying To Get Writers For Major Sites To Engage In Pay-To-Link Arrangements
- Teenager Pays Hundreds Of Dollars For A Picture Of An Xbox One
- Watch One Kickstarter Creator Self-Destruct As People Call Him Out For Scam Project
- South Korean Spy Agency Allegedly Tried To Influence Presidential Vote - By Posting 1.2 Million Tweets
- And Here Comes The NSA-Themed Ransomware