While the debate rages on elsewhere concerning whether or not people should be allowed to use their mobile phones while flying, it looks like German travelers will be the first to find out how well it works. Germany may be the first country to lift the ban on using mobile phones in flight. Of course, the debate has shifted from technical issues (easily avoidable, it seems) to cultural and social issues over whether or not letting people talk on their mobile phones will piss off everyone around them. Of course, completely banning mobile phones on airplanes seems like overkill. If it's creating social problems, then there should be other ways to deal with it, from creating "no phone" sections to simply applying social pressure to get people to avoid being rude in using phones.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?