Well that didn't take long at all. We were a bit surprised yesterday to find out that Google's new media player only played files on Google's own video site, as that seemed like a needless restriction. In fact, it made it so needless that there seemed to be little reason at all to bother downloading it. It just makes Google Video that much more of a pain to use. However, along comes "DVD Jon" Johansen, who clearly does not like being limited. He's already hacked Google's version of VLC to let it be used outside of Google. Kind of makes you wonder why Google put up the restriction in the first place.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional