Oracle's Larry Ellison makes no secret of the fact that he wants Oracle to be bigger than Microsoft (and, that he wants to be richer than Bill Gates...), so it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that the latest top exec he's bringing in to his inner council is Microsoft's former CFO and dealmaker, Greg Maffei. Of course, over the years, Oracle has had a rotating cast of Presidents (Maffei makes for the third co-existing President right now) and "right hand" people to Larry Ellison. Eventually they seem to have enough of the job and bolt -- some faster than others. Given Maffei's history as a dealmaker, it certainly seems to bolster the claim that Oracle is on the prowl for more acquisitions. It seems like the business pages could use another hostile takeover battle in the tech industry to liven things up a bit these days. Perhaps they won't have to wait long.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA FOIA Response Claims Data On Vendor Contracts 'Unsearchable'
- Eric Schmidt Claims Google Considered Moving Its Servers Out Of The US To Avoid The NSA
- DailyDirt: Not So Secret Nuclear Weapons
- Apparently James Clapper And The NSA Don't See Eye-To-Eye On Transparency
- 2009: Man Buys 5000 Bitcoins For $27, Forgets About Them. 2013: Man Rediscovers His Bitcoins, Now Worth $886,000