Yahoo has been making a bunch of moves in the last month suggesting that they've suddenly become huge converts to the church of VoIP -- leading to totally unsubstantiated rumors last week that the company was looking to buy Skype. It appears that they've gone with the much cheaper, and much less hyped option of buying Dialpad -- who has been around forever. Given the fact that Yahoo has been building up quite a business partnering with telcos like Verizon and SBC to supply a portal for their DSL offerings, you have to wonder if those telcos might get a bit... antsy to see Yahoo looking to undercut their voice offerings at the same time.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Faster Than A Speeding Bullet...
- Some Dell Shareholders Don't Know Much About This Leveraged Buyout, But They Know They Don't Like It
- George Lucas Finally Relinquishes His Tight Control Of Star Wars... To Mickey Mouse
- DailyDirt: Coins Worth More Than Gold
- Surprise! AT&T Admits Defeat, Withdraws T-Mobile Takeover Attempt, Pays $4 Billion Breakup Fee