Bombarding someone you dislike with spam is clearly illegal -- but what if you just sign them up for a bunch of spam lists? Apparently, that's illegal too. In a first of its kind, a judge found a man guilty of harassment for signing his boss up for various spam email newsletters. Perhaps everyone should send this article to folks who put them on their own mailing lists without asking for permission first.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA
- FBI Uses Invitation To Investigate One Email As An Excuse To Dig Through Multiple Email Accounts
- Lavabit To Release Code As Open Source, As It Creates Dark Mail Alliance To Create Even More Secure Email
- How Is Consumer Watchdog 'Helping' When It's Trying To Destroy Services Consumers Find Useful
- Mayor Bloomberg Uses Private Email To Avoid FOI Requests; Has No Plans To Retain Archive Of Office, NYPD Emails