One thing we've known for a while is that IP lawyers love patents. While the patent system has been shown not to do much for innovation lately, it sure does enrich patent lawyers, and how better to enrich patent lawyers than to find an "untapped" area for patents? According to Slashdot, a pair of patent lawyers are pushing to get more game developers to patent everything they can think of within games. In other words, independent game development is about to get more expensive and less innovative. Of course, maybe the market wouldn't be overflowing with first person shooters if id had patented the concept years ago... Why can't we just let game developers compete in the market place? Build a better game, do a better job with marketing and distribution, and what do you need patents for?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NY Police Chief Kelly Taking $1.5 Million Worth Of Publicly-Funded Bodyguards With Him When He Retires
- Newest Leak Shows NSA, GCHQ Infiltrated World Of Warcraft, Second Life
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants