The Dan Glickman reign over the MPAA just gets sillier and sillier. Glickman started out by basically keeping Jack Valenti's basic story with a few minor modifications. However, since then, he's shown himself to not only have almost zero real vision for the movie industry, but to have a way with words that makes him sound particularly clueless about the industry he's supposed to be representing. There was the initial plan that maybe if he begged hard enough people would stop sharing movies online. Then there was the oh-so-brilliant plan to make the MPAA a bit more like the IRS -- perhaps the most hated organization in the US. So, rather than making the movie industry an industry people love and cherish, he wants to make them hated and feared. To continue on this trend, he's now doing his best to make sure we realize how little he understands about technology. He's making some news for blaming BitTorrent for the leak of the latest Star Wars film that we mentioned last week. Perhaps he should be blaming movie industry insiders more than a neutral technology used to distribute the film.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Rep. Peter King's Office Suggests NPR Producer Lied About Being Detained At Border By DHS
- USTR Says TPP Must Be Kept Secret, Because The Public Is Too Stupid To Understand It
- DailyDirt: Technology Is Changing The Way We Talk Because Internetz, LOL
- Joe Biden Tells Chinese Citizens To 'Challenge The Government,' Neglects To Mention His Administration Doesn't Like Being Challenged
- Holy See (The Pope) Criticizes TPP And TAFTA/TTIP In WTO Speech