There have been plenty of attempts lately to publish more scientific research online, for free rather than in expensive journals. It appears the concept has caught on in the Netherlands. All of the major Dutch Universities have teamed up to offer their scientific research online for free. The various paid research journals are not particularly enthusiastic about this trend, but it may make it easier for researchers to learn more about other research and build on each others' shoulders.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Thomas Friedman Believes Snowden Should Get A 'Second Chance,' By Which He Means 'Come Back To The US And Stand Trial'
- Lebanese Internal Security Force Requests Facebook Passwords, Text Messages Of All Citizens In The Country
- DailyDirt: Bullet The Blue
- DailyDirt: Making Memories
- DailyDirt: How Do You Solve A Problem Like... Academia?