As expected, all 100 Senators passed the Iraq appropriations bill today, because no Senator wants to face an opponent next election running commercials about how he or she "voted against supporting our troops in Iraq." Of course, that meant all sorts of stuff got included in the bill as well, including the Real ID act, on which there was absolutely no debate, and which is likely to make identity theft easier. Bruce Schneier makes the convincing argument about just how bad this really is for all of us. And people wonder why everyone is so cynical about the world of politics.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community
- More Schools Reconsidering Zero Tolerance Policies And On-Campus Law Enforcement