While some newspaper folks still don't know about Craigslist that's certainly not true of all of them. The Tribune Company, fresh off buying a piece of Topix.net is expanding their free web classified service, Recycler. Even more interesting is that Recycler doesn't just search ads on its own site, but also aggregates deals from other sites -- including Craigslist. This seems like a smart move on the Tribune's part to combat losing classified traffic to sites like Craigslist by building something even more inclusive, that can also drive ad traffic and additional traffic back to Tribune news sites.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Thomas Friedman Believes Snowden Should Get A 'Second Chance,' By Which He Means 'Come Back To The US And Stand Trial'
- Lebanese Internal Security Force Requests Facebook Passwords, Text Messages Of All Citizens In The Country
- DailyDirt: Bullet The Blue
- DailyDirt: Making Memories
- DailyDirt: How Do You Solve A Problem Like... Academia?