Bill Gates is the target of so much humor and ire, that it hardly seems worthwhile to make fun of him most of the time. However, sometimes he sets himself up so perfectly, that it's impossible to resist. Today at the Microsoft Global Automotive Summit, Gates and Bill Ford Jr. were extolling the virtues of technology and how it will help cars of the future to fix themselves and avoid accidents. Addressing summit participants, Mr. Gates (yes, the creator of notoriously crash-prone Windows) told auto industry members that their goal should be to create a car that won't crash. (Alanis, take note: that's ironic.) If I'm Bill Ford, I have to be thinking, "Uh, Bill? Maybe your goal should be to create an operating system that won't crash."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Xbox, PS4 Games Hitting Swearing Gamers With Technical Fouls
- A Tour Through The Bizarre Mind Of An NSA Defender: Discrediting Activists By Using Their Porn Surfing Is Just Like Journalism!
- If You Don't Care About The NSA Because You 'Haven't Done Anything Wrong,' You're Wrong
- Ft. Worth Police Department Offers *Real* Apology For Its Assistance In The NHTSA's Blood/Saliva Sampling 'Survey'
- Former NSA Lawer Stewart Baker: FISA Minimization Policies Are To Blame For 9/11 Attacks