Bill Gates is the target of so much humor and ire, that it hardly seems worthwhile to make fun of him most of the time. However, sometimes he sets himself up so perfectly, that it's impossible to resist. Today at the Microsoft Global Automotive Summit, Gates and Bill Ford Jr. were extolling the virtues of technology and how it will help cars of the future to fix themselves and avoid accidents. Addressing summit participants, Mr. Gates (yes, the creator of notoriously crash-prone Windows) told auto industry members that their goal should be to create a car that won't crash. (Alanis, take note: that's ironic.) If I'm Bill Ford, I have to be thinking, "Uh, Bill? Maybe your goal should be to create an operating system that won't crash."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Keith Alexander Tells Senators He Can't Think Of Any Other Way To Keep The US Safe Other Than Bulk Metadata Collections
- CEO Of 21st Century Fox Thinks People Aren't Really Asking For A La Carte TV Channels
- Rep. Peter King's Office Suggests NPR Producer Lied About Being Detained At Border By DHS
- USTR Says TPP Must Be Kept Secret, Because The Public Is Too Stupid To Understand It
- DailyDirt: Technology Is Changing The Way We Talk Because Internetz, LOL