Apparently the latest internet-related controversy is over the question of whether or not certain internet sweepstakes promotions are really illegal gambling. Even the company that offers them admits they're cutting it close to the line, but they believe they're just to the right side of that line. Either way, it does make you wonder what makes someone sit at a computer playing these sweepstakes when the few payouts don't seem particularly large, and the losses seem to stack up. It just doesn't seem all that different from other scratch off card lotteries that seem to mostly be a tax on those who are bad at math.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Comedic Artistry In Amazon Reviews
- GoldieBlox Pulls Beastie Boys Video, Promises To Drop Legal Dispute
- It's Not Such A Wonderful Public Domain, As Paramount Plans To Block 'It's A Wonderful Life' Sequel
- The MPAA's Plan To Piss Off Young Moviegoers And Make Them Less Interested In Going To Theaters
- Shocking Revelation: Websites For Cheating On Your Spouse Are BSing You