A few years ago, many (brick and mortar) grocery stores started banning the use of online coupons after being tricked and inundated with fake coupons. The online couponing industry tried to fight back and explain why explain why online coupons were good while also promising to track down those responsible for bogus online coupons -- which it appears they did successfully. It appears that some retailers have noticed and are willing to start accepting online coupons yet again -- but in a much more limited fashion. Still, it's not entirely clear how they plan to keep the fake coupons from getting through.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional