It appears that all of the various security breaches getting publicity recently haven't scared away people from e-filing. It turns out the number one reason people aren't e-filing their tax returns this year is that difficulty in doing e-filing if you had a professional do your taxes for you. In the meantime, though, is it really any surprise that the IRS website is getting bombarded by visitors? Still, though, this highlights the fact that, for many people, convenience is much more important than security.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Meet The Dedicated Fan Who Makes Your Broken PC Games Work
- FBI Bungles Malware Attempt As Courts Begin To Question Its Legality
- Crowdfunded Prize For Open Source Jailbreaking iOS7 To Improve Accessibility
- Advisory Panel Offers Suggestions To Strengthen US Cybersecurity, But Is The Government Capable Of Change?
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma