Qwest has been continually wooing MCI over the past few weeks, and yesterday made an offer in which they demanded an answer from MCI by next Tuesday. Apparently, MCI didn't need that much time (or, really, any time at all), as they almost immediately accepted Verizon's latest (slightly larger) offer and shunned Qwest's offer. It appears MCI stills sees much more synergy in working with a strong Verizon than a weak Qwest.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Faster Than A Speeding Bullet...
- Some Dell Shareholders Don't Know Much About This Leveraged Buyout, But They Know They Don't Like It
- George Lucas Finally Relinquishes His Tight Control Of Star Wars... To Mickey Mouse
- DailyDirt: Coins Worth More Than Gold
- Surprise! AT&T Admits Defeat, Withdraws T-Mobile Takeover Attempt, Pays $4 Billion Breakup Fee