As was announced last year, TiVo has now launched their program to put pop-up ads in your commercials as you're fast forwarding through them. You can click on the ads to "get more info," but if you're fast forwarding through the commercial, it seems like a pretty clear indication that you're not interested in what's being advertised. The initial reaction seems quite negative, as many users claim that the ads obscure much of the screen, making it difficult for them to see what the commercial is about in the first place (since many still claim they'll go back and watch commercials that look interesting) and to figure out when to stop fast forwarding to continue watching the show at hand.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Retailer Goes Legal After Shipping PS Vitas To Customers Who Just Bought A Game
- Public Service Commission Orders Verizon To Cough Up Cost Data On Its New York Copper Lines
- Meet The Dedicated Fan Who Makes Your Broken PC Games Work
- FBI Bungles Malware Attempt As Courts Begin To Question Its Legality
- Crowdfunded Prize For Open Source Jailbreaking iOS7 To Improve Accessibility