With spam filters getting better all the time, spammers are continuing their efforts to get around them by including some non-spammy text in just about any email they send. This isn't new, of course. Spammers have been using such techniques for many years. However, it appears that some writers-block suffering writers have given up on the old standby of replying to spam and are now searching through spam for words of enlightenment. It takes some time, apparently, but you can pick out all sorts of tidbits for divine inspiration if you're willing to look hard enough. Of course, not all of it is just designed to get around filters. It turns out that some ministers are now spamming as well.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA
- FBI Uses Invitation To Investigate One Email As An Excuse To Dig Through Multiple Email Accounts
- Lavabit To Release Code As Open Source, As It Creates Dark Mail Alliance To Create Even More Secure Email
- How Is Consumer Watchdog 'Helping' When It's Trying To Destroy Services Consumers Find Useful
- Mayor Bloomberg Uses Private Email To Avoid FOI Requests; Has No Plans To Retain Archive Of Office, NYPD Emails