Here's one for the IT folks reading the site who can't stand people installing stuff on their own and making life difficult for others. It's the story of a law firm where a few people at the firm got some spam about some "great new screensavers" which they decided to install... which unleashed some sort of malicious file that eventually meant the entire network was shut down, and each PC had to be cleaned up individually, for a total cost of somewhere around $100,000. Who are these people who aren't skeptical of spam?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Meet The Dedicated Fan Who Makes Your Broken PC Games Work
- FBI Bungles Malware Attempt As Courts Begin To Question Its Legality
- Crowdfunded Prize For Open Source Jailbreaking iOS7 To Improve Accessibility
- Advisory Panel Offers Suggestions To Strengthen US Cybersecurity, But Is The Government Capable Of Change?
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma