This has been happening way too often lately. While "friend spam" is all too common, where a friend starts spamming you with annoying forwards, now people are complaining about "list spam" where people you meet put you on various mailing lists without your permission. Why is it that people simply assume you want to be on some sort of mailing list? Point them to the sign up and let them make the decision.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA
- FBI Uses Invitation To Investigate One Email As An Excuse To Dig Through Multiple Email Accounts
- Lavabit To Release Code As Open Source, As It Creates Dark Mail Alliance To Create Even More Secure Email
- How Is Consumer Watchdog 'Helping' When It's Trying To Destroy Services Consumers Find Useful
- Mayor Bloomberg Uses Private Email To Avoid FOI Requests; Has No Plans To Retain Archive Of Office, NYPD Emails