Following AFP's somewhat brain-dead decision to sue Google for daring to link to AFP published stories around the web, Google has graciously started removing all links to any AFP published story. Of course, the real loser in all of this is AFP, who in one bizarre move has made itself ridiculously less relevant and useful to the world of folks who spread the news. It will be harder for people to find AFP news, and AFP will suffer for it. They've just cut off one of the best marketing channels they had for no clear reason at all. Why publish online at all if you're not going to allow the biggest driver of traffic to link to you?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stopping 23andMe Will Only Delay The Revolution Medicine Needs
- Abusing The Surveillance Scandal To Punish Internet Freedom Even More
- Bruce Schneier On The Feudal Internet And How To Fight It
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- James Clapper Thinks That NSA Employees Will Sell Out Our Nation After A Few Days Without A Paycheck