Considering Bill Gates' tendency to gush over how brilliant Ray Ozzie is on a regular basis, and the fact that Microsoft invested a huge chunk of change into Groove Networks, it isn't really a surprise that they've now bought the whole thing and named Ozzie Microsoft's new CTO. In fact, some people have been predicting this deal for for the past four years. With all the various "Groove-lite" projects that have shown up over the past few months (Grouper, iMeem, QNext, etc...), it looks like there's some new interest in this area, even if Groove never took off to quite the level expected by the hype that surrounded it initially.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Faster Than A Speeding Bullet...
- Some Dell Shareholders Don't Know Much About This Leveraged Buyout, But They Know They Don't Like It
- George Lucas Finally Relinquishes His Tight Control Of Star Wars... To Mickey Mouse
- DailyDirt: Coins Worth More Than Gold
- Surprise! AT&T Admits Defeat, Withdraws T-Mobile Takeover Attempt, Pays $4 Billion Breakup Fee