There are rumors going around that there's some sort of malicious attack going on concerning some DNS servers. Unfortunately, it's all speculation at this point, and there doesn't seem to be any evidence other than lots of whispering, and increased traffic to some malicious sites that install spyware. Some believe that one of two things is happening: either DNS cache poisoning (by hacking in and changing a DNS server cache to point people to the wrong domains) or DNS hijacking (changing the actual DNS server to point people to the wrong sites). Some more confirmation on this issue would be nice, but, in the meantime, watch where you're surfing... you might not end up where you thought you were going.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Scammy Company Trying To Get Writers For Major Sites To Engage In Pay-To-Link Arrangements
- Teenager Pays Hundreds Of Dollars For A Picture Of An Xbox One
- Watch One Kickstarter Creator Self-Destruct As People Call Him Out For Scam Project
- South Korean Spy Agency Allegedly Tried To Influence Presidential Vote - By Posting 1.2 Million Tweets
- And Here Comes The NSA-Themed Ransomware