We've written about Jack Thompson before. He's the lawyer who seems to think that every violent act committed by children in the last half a decade can be pinned on the makers of the video game Grand Theft Auto. He's filed numerous lawsuits against the makers of the game, which never seem to get very far. However, he seems to be quite persistent and has now filed another lawsuit against the game company, blaming them for a teenager who shot three policemen after he was arrested for grand theft auto (the real kind, not the game). Apparently, Thompson doesn't seem to think teenagers should be responsible for their own actions. All this does is give them an out, allowing them to blame the video game, rather than take responsibility for what they've done. The fact that millions of people play these games all the time and don't then go on a killing rampage suggests that Thompson has a pretty high hurdle to prove that the game caused this sort of behavior. However, it's pretty clear he's not about to stop trying any time soon. Even if the kids involved in these crimes did play games like Grand Theft Auto, and even if they had trouble distinguishing between the game and reality, doesn't that suggest that those kids have serious problems that need attention, rather than simply shifting all of the blame to the video games?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Kansas City Cops Tell Man They'll Kill His Dogs And Destroy His Home If Forced To Obtain A Search Warrant
- Most Big Internet Companies Speak Out For Major Surveillance Reform
- Witness In No Fly List Trial, Who Was Blocked From Flying To The Trial, Shows That DOJ Flat Out Lied In Court
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops