Whoops. It seems like just about every new technology that comes along these days gets someone worked up about how it can be misused to put children at risk. The latest in a long line of random hysteria, apparently, are blogs. Yes, that's right, those blogs you love (or hate) to read every day are actually a pedophile paradise -- or so says some psychologist in Scotland who clearly feels her practice isn't getting enough attention. Blogs shouldn't worry too much, however. They're in good company. Previously, 3G phones, chatrooms, and, yes, the entire internet itself have been blamed for pedophilia. While it is true that these things can be used by pedophiles, so are things like cars (they have to get there somehow), sneakers, telephones and air (gotta breathe somehow). Focusing on something completely random about how "blogs" are somehow part of the problem actually takes attention far far away from what really needs to be done to protect children, and somehow makes people focus on the blogs rather than the sick individuals, themselves.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Agent: Give Me That Toy Monkey Gun Or I'm Calling The Real Cops
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?