Odd timing, but here are two different looks at "alternate realities." News.com is running a fun little look backwards suggesting what would have happened in a variety of situations if things were a bit different (Moore's Law ended early, Apple licensed its OS early on, the mouse was never invented, etc...). Meanwhile, Wired is looking forward with an alternate reality of the future, wondering what would happen if Microsoft hired Linus Torvalds and actually listened to him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stopping 23andMe Will Only Delay The Revolution Medicine Needs
- Abusing The Surveillance Scandal To Punish Internet Freedom Even More
- Bruce Schneier On The Feudal Internet And How To Fight It
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- James Clapper Thinks That NSA Employees Will Sell Out Our Nation After A Few Days Without A Paycheck